Properly disposing of bulk items like furniture, appliances, and yard waste is key to keeping the Town of Prosper clean and clutter-free. This guide provides everything you need to know about Prosper’s bulk trash and yard waste collection schedule, policies, and drop-off options.
Overview of Bulk Pickup in Prosper
The Town of Prosper provides bulk trash collection services through their contracted waste provider, Community Waste Disposal (CWD). Here’s an overview:
- Bulk items are collected curbside on scheduled days determined by your trash pickup route.
- Each household gets one bulk collection day per month.
- Up to 6 cubic yards are collected per pickup.
- Brush, branches, and bundled yard waste are also collected on bulk days.
- Preparation requirements must be followed for pickup.
- Additional drop-off options are available on Saturdays.
Finding Your Scheduled Bulk Pickup Day
Bulk trash is collected once per month on your designated day based on your regular trash and recycling route:
- Monday route – 1st Full Week
- Tuesday route – 2nd Full Week
- Wednesday route – 3rd Full Week
- Thursday route – 4th Full Week
You can also call CWD at 972-392-9300 for assistance.
Bulk Pickup Policies and Preparation
Follow these guidelines to ensure your bulk items are collected on your scheduled day:
- Limit of 6 cubic yards per household per pickup.
- Items must be placed curbside by 7AM on the scheduled day.
- Do not place items in alleys or blocking access.
- Hazardous waste and banned items cannot be collected.
- Brush and branches must be neatly bundled.
Accepted Bulk Items
- Carpet (cut in 4 ft lengths, bundled)
- Exercise equipment
- Grills without propane tanks
- Loose waste or construction debris
- Hazardous waste like chemicals, batteries, paint
- Vehicle parts
- Dirt, rock, concrete
- Remodeling debris
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste like brush, branches, and bundled plant debris is collected on your scheduled bulk day each month following these guidelines:
- Tie brush and branches securely in bundles no larger than 2 feet wide x 4 feet long.
- Bag grass clippings, leaves, and weeds in paper lawn bags.
- Bundle and bag yard waste separately from bulk items.
- Maximum of 6 cubic yards total per pickup.
Saturday Bulk Item Drop-Off
Prosper residents can drop off bulk items and yard waste at the Public Works facility (601 W. 5th Street) on Saturdays from 8AM to 12PM year-round, except on holiday weekends.
- Proof of Prosper residency is required (utility bill, driver’s license, etc)
- Once drop-off trucks are full for the day, no more items can be accepted.
- Hazardous and banned waste cannot be accepted.
Managing Hazardous and Prohibited Waste
Many common waste items like chemicals, batteries, paint, and electronics cannot go in regular trash or bulk pickup. Safely dispose of these items:
- Electronics – Drop off at the CWD facility in McKinney.
- Batteries – Drop off at Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy or the CWD facility.
- Paint, chemicals, oils – Drop off at the CWD Environmental Collection Center.
- Tires – Tire retailers accept used tires for disposal fees.
Holidays and Modified Schedules
Bulk pickup and Saturday drop-offs do not occur on major holiday weekends including:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Regular bulk pickup resumes the following week after a holiday.
Contact Information for Bulk Pickup
Contact Prosper Utility Billing at 972-569-1064 for questions related to bulk schedules and eligibility.
Contact CWD at 972-392-9300 to schedule special bulk item collections or report missed pickups.
Properly managing bulk items in Prosper requires coordination and preparation. Follow this guide to ensure successful bulk and yard waste collection. Let us know if you have any other questions!