Welcome to EagleTrashService’s complete guide to trash collection in Loveland, CO. As a Loveland resident, it’s important to know the ins and outs of the city’s trash and recycling programs so you can properly dispose of waste and ensure collection services run smoothly.
This comprehensive guide provides everything you need to know, including:
- Trash and recycling collection schedules
- What goes in your bins
- Special collection services
- Dumpsters and roll-off rental
- Yard waste collection
- Household hazardous waste disposal
- And more!
Whether you just moved to Loveland or have lived here for years, this article will help you take out the guesswork and master trash day. Let’s dive in!
Trash Collection Schedule
The City of Loveland provides trash collection services to residents living in single-family homes. Here are the key details on scheduling:
- Collection Occurs Once Per Week: The city collects trash from households one time per week. Your collection day depends on where you live.
- Check the Collection Map: Determine your trash day by checking the collection map. Enter your address to see your assigned day.
- No Monday Service: Trash collection does NOT occur on Mondays in Loveland. If Monday is a holiday, pickup is delayed by one day all week.
- Morning Pickup: Expect trash collectors to come in the morning, typically between 7:00-11:00am but times vary.
- Carts Must be Out by 7am: Carts need to be parked at the curb no later than 7:00am on your collection day. If they aren’t out in time, you’ll miss pickup that week.
Knowing your precise trash day and pickup window ensures you never miss collection service!
Trash Cart Selection
All households receive a wheeled trash cart for automated collection. You choose the cart size based on your trash needs:
- 16 gallon: $3.50/month
- 32 gallon: $7.00/month
- 64 gallon: $14.00/month
- 96 gallon: $21.00/month
Carts must be placed at the curb weekly, even if not full. You can upgrade or downgrade your cart size at any time by calling 970-962-2529.
Only trash inside closed carts is collected. Bag all waste – no loose trash. Make sure lids fully shut or carts cannot be emptied. Do not overstuff.
Setting Out Extra Trash
If you occasionally have extra trash that won’t fit in your cart, you have two options:
- Overflow Trash Bags: Place up to 5 additional 32-50 gallon trash bags beside your cart on pickup day. You are charged $3.50 per bag automatically on your utility bill.
- Purchase Trash Stamps: Buy $3.50 trash stamps at local grocery stores to affix to extra bags. Supplies limited once current stock sells out.
Another option is upgrading to a larger trash cart by calling 970-962-2529.
Loveland provides single-stream recycling collection to all households weekly on your regular trash day.
Recyclables go in the blue 95 gallon cart provided by the city. Do not bag recyclables – place loose in bin.
Here’s what you can recycle curbside:
- Paper: cardboard, milk cartons, magazines, junk mail, paper bags
- Metal cans
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Glass bottles and jars
Rinse containers to remove residue. No styrofoam or plastic bags.
For optimal recycling, bring glass to drop-off centers citywide so it can be remade into new bottles.
Special Collection Services
For large, oversized items that won’t fit in your cart, Loveland offers special collection services. Here are your options:
Call for Special Pickup
- For bulky items like furniture or appliances, call 970-962-2529 to schedule pickup.
- Fees range $20-$75+ depending on volume. Added to your utility bill.
- 24 hour notice required.
Use Free Annual Cleanup Voucher
- Households receive one free dump voucher per year.
- Valid for one trip to dump up to 2.7 cubic yards of trash.
- Accepts large items, old carpet, bulky trash, but not hazardous waste.
- Obtain voucher by emailing [email protected].
Rent Temporary Dumpster
- Rent a low-cost dumpster for big projects generating excess trash.
- 3-30 cubic yard dumpsters available for 30 day rental period.
- Delivered and removed for free.
- Call 970-962-2529 to rent.
Dumpsters for Businesses & Multi-Family
Loveland businesses and multi-family properties are required to have trash service. Share dumpsters between tenants to reduce costs.
The city provides dumpster service with weekly pickup starting at $95/month. Call 970-962-2529 to get a quote and set up service.
You must have a dumpster – the city does not collect from commercial trash cans or bags. Attached lids are required.
Yard Waste Collection
From April through November, Loveland offers seasonal yard waste collection. All households receive a 96 gallon green yard waste cart.
Place all yard debris – grass clippings, leaves, branches, etc – loose inside the cart. No trash bags.
Yard waste pickup occurs weekly on your regular trash day. The service is $9.25/month during these months only.
Customers keep carts over winter when service pauses. Yard waste collection resumes the following April.
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
Don’t place hazardous waste in your normal trash carts. These items need special disposal:
- Cleaning chemicals
- Automotive fluids
- Fluorescent bulbs
Take these products to the Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Facility for safe, free disposal.
Review Key Trash Guidelines
- Trash cart lids must fully close or carts cannot be emptied. Do not overstuff.
- Bag all waste – no loose trash.
- Only set carts out when full to reduce truck emissions.
- Park carts within 2 feet of the curb, not behind snow banks.
- Ensure 3 feet clearance around carts so automated arms can lift them.
- Do not use cardboard boxes for trash – they cannot be dumped.
- Rinse recycling to remove residue – no need to bag recyclables.
- Do not include plastic bags, foam, or glass in curbside recycling (use drop-off for glass).
Recap of Trash Collection in Loveland
That summarizes the comprehensive guide to trash and recycling collection in Loveland. Here are some key takeaways:
- Trash pickup occurs once weekly on your designated day. Check the collection map to find your day.
- Select the right trash cart size for your household and recycle properly.
- Use extra bag tags or overflow trash bags for any waste that won’t fit in your cart.
- Take advantage of yard waste and special pickup services for large debris.
- Dumpsters can be rented for short term cleanout projects.
- Never place hazardous waste in normal collections.
We hope this overview gives you confidence in how to properly dispose of waste and utilize the city’s trash and recycling services. Reach out with any other questions!